Friday, November 21, 2008

Sex in my financial enlightenment!

Oooooookay! Now, I'm back.

And I have a new resolve. I will write every day!

Part of my reason is because I'm reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," an inspirational guide on how to get financially savvy. The book is a breezy and didactic read and I love it.

One lesson that stuck out is this:

Many poor or broke people who work their asses off don't realize the difference between an asset and a liability. An asset is something that makes you money, a liability is something that spends it.

The author of the book, Robert Kiyosaki, says we gotta find the things that are assets. Many of us burn a lot of cash on buying stuff instead of investing cash into asset-creating programs. The goal is to own your talents, your money-generating production instead of having others own them.

To me, that means I'm better off financially leveraging my talents in markets where they have value, in addition to saving my money, consuming less and targeting my consumption toward goals like a mutual fund instead of a leather couch when I know the futon will do.

Super capitalist Warren Buffett would agree. Right now, I'm reading a book about his rise to Wall Street hall of fame and his philosophy.

See, Buffett loves earning money, but he hates spending more than he has to. He prefers cheap restaurants and reasonable home arrangements. Making money is a sport to him, not a way of filling a consumption lust. Reading about Buffett, I learned that some things will always have a certain value --like coats in Chicago and flip flops in California. Looking at things this way, I'm inspired to work on building and leveraging talents that are intrinsically and classically valued -- like writing!

Which brings me back to my blog.

Why not empower my blog financially? Especially since I'll be blogging anyway!

Today marks the start.

Not only will I be working harder, writing daily insights, I will investigate dynamic methods of launching my site as an ideas forum, in addition, securing ways of monetizing the blog.

I hope you join me -- Sex in the Delhi loyalists...

If you're even a tad excited, drop me a note!

No comments: